With less than 0.01% ash, GE’s Whatman Grade 589/1 filter papers can be used for the Blaine test in the cement industry and as an ash content test filter for foodstuffs.
- Herzberg filtration speed of 50 seconds*
- Black ribbon filter for fast filtration of coarse precipitates
- High purity (< 0.01% ash)
- Blaine test and ash content test compatible
- Also available prepleated as Grade 589/1 1/2
*The time taken to filter 100 mL water (20° C) through a filter area of 10 cm² at a constant pressure of 5 cm water column.
Whatman Grade 589/1 filter papers from GE Healthcare’s Life Sciences business are designed for fast filtration of coarse precipitates in support of tests such as cement fineness measurement in a standard Blaine test or determination of the ash content in foodstuffs.