GE’s Whatman PolyVENT filters are integral venting filters that work bidirectionally to prevent contaminants from entering vessels like fermentation tanks during draining or filling.
- 0.2 µm hydrophobic PTFE air filters are ideal industrial air filter media
- Validated for 50 steam autoclave cycles; compatible with ethylene oxide (EtO)
- Testable by water break through (WBT) test or bubble point testing
- Passes USP Class VI biosafety tests for plastics
- Manufactured in cleanroom facilities
- Range of filtration areas from 4–1000 cm² to support filtration volumes as small as one liter and as large as a large tank vessel
Whatman venting filters from GE Healthcare’s Life Sciences business include HEPA filters and SteriVENT options
Draining or filling of incubators, fermentation tanks, and other vessels requires a venting filter capable of preventing bacterial contamination. With an integral PTFE filter membrane, Whatman PolyVENT acts as an industrial air filter media for sterilization of gases entering bioreactors such as fermentation tanks.
Browse the Whatman range to find the right venting filter for your application.